Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
General Information Edit
Intro level course in Computer Science. Either this course or another CS 111x course is required for all engineering students (Typically this course or CS 1112 is taken). Taught in Java prior to Fall 2012, and currently taught in Python.
None, assumes zero programming experience
Topics Covered Edit
- Variables and Types
- Control Statements (if/elif/else)
- For and While Loops
- Method overloading
- Operator overloading
Light, just don't leave the projects until the last minute
General Advice Edit
- (For Non-CS Majors) Don't underestimate your abilities, if you work at it it's no harder than any other class
- Don't leave the projects until the last minute, you'll make mistakes
- Take Codecademy Python course to be familiar with the thought process
- While they are tedious, you can complete every project on your own.
I took it with Walker White in Fall 2013, and it was a really great class. The labs were a bit tedious at times, but they did help teach the material. Would recommend doing the labs beforehand so as to make better use of required time with the consultants.
Past Offerings Edit
|Semester||Time||Professor||Median Grade||Course Page|
|Spring 2013||TR 9:05 - 9:55 AM and TR 11:15 AM - 12:05 PM||Steve Marschner and Lillian Lee||A-||http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/CS1110/2013sp/|
|Fall 2012||TR 9:05 - 9:55 AM and TR 11:15 AM - 12:05 PM||Walker White||B||http://www.cs.cornell.edu/courses/CS1110/2012fa/|